One month and one day…
Exactly one month and one day ago I resigned from my job as a fairly well paid scientist in industry.
I have no other job lined up.
- Build and set up a website that’s part online CV, part blog, part showcase for anything interesting I might actually do
- Start this blog to document my misadventures in science writing/communication (and vent/rant a bit too I assume)
- Write one news article/week and one feature type article/2 weeks
- Accompany these with my own spoken voice, a “science writing for the blind / busy person” type idea… my accent may not help (yay, Norfolk…)
- Work on my contacts in the various nearby universities and start interviewing them about what they’re doing
- Maybe try and write something science for the local rag
- Try and find a “voice” for my writing
- Write, write and write (i.e. try like hell to get better…)
I’m filled with an odd sense of both anxiety and relief…